Please view our Homework Expectations in our RVSSC Homework Policy
At Ripley Valley, our students own their learning and strive for excellence. We hold high expectations for all our students and encourage them to hold high expectations for themselves. We know that Secondary schooling is a big jump from Primary school and the demand of homework and assessment increases. To support our students with this journey, we have created the Homework Support Group.
Teachers volunteer their time to dedicate an afternoon in supporting students to:
- Build confidence in students to ask questions about their homework or assessment tasks
- Support students to schedule their homework tasks and assessments
- Develop good study habits for Senior schooling
This is an invaluable opportunity for students to drop-in and seek guidance and support from Ripley Valley staff. If you notice your child struggling to organise their time, needing further help with Homework, or just needs a quiet space to study, encourage them to attend the Homework Support Group!
- Tuesday afternoon in the Resource Centre 3-3:45pm
- Supervised by teachers, HODs and volunteers
- Open invitation for students to drop in and seek assistance
- Attendance taken via excel spreadsheet
In addition to the Homework Club , we also have the Homework Support Group. Access to this group is by referral only and is run by our Speech and Language Pathologist, Teacher Aides and Head of Inclusion. This program is specifically tailored to support students with Learning Disabilities' or Specific Learning Disorders. Students work with support staff to master skills in studying, reading and comprehension.